NewAds,Business News,HR Questions, Interview Questions And Answer,Entrance Exams,Resume models,Job News,biography,

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

As all of us know, 2011 passed out students

As all of us know, 2011 passed out students were the people greatly affected by recession. I was one of them. After a long waiting, I got an email from CTS that I am shortlisted for the written test. With great excitement, I started my preparation. I searched for previous papers, practiced them and built my confidence. CTS basically has two rounds of interview.
1. Written test (Analytical ability).
2. Technical + HR.

I went to the centre that I was called for. I could see a huge crowd there. I thought it was an effect of recession. At first, I felt I might not clear the test as the competition was very high. Later, I built confidence in myself and went to the hall. We were asked to fill our personal, educational details, skills etc. Then we were given 2 question papers. One neednot worry about written test if analytical skills are good. Better knowledge in English helps. Time management plays a very important role. If one can manage to go through the whole paper within the given time, it helps a lot. So finally I tried my best to complete the whole paper. That day we were asked to check for results online after 7.30 PM. I checked my result and I was shortlisted. I was very happy to get shortlisted in written out of thousands of applicants.

The very next day was the technical interview. There were many panels each with an interviewer. I was finally called after a long waiting. This was the discussion went on between me and the interviewer.
Interviewer: Hello!

Me: Hello! Goodafternoon(Giving my file with resume and certificates). Interviewer: Take your seat(while taking my file).
Me: Thank You!
Interviewer: So, tell me something about yourself.
Me: I explained about my educational background, my views about why I want to work in IT industry and some questions that he asked.
Interviewer: Then he asked about my projects and where I did them.
Me: I explained him about my projects, their functionality and how I could do them in a government organization.
Interviewer: What is MVS architecture?
Me: I knew the concept but couldn't remember much. So explained him whatever I could get back in my mind.
Interviewer: What is Software Life cycle? What are its phases? What are software models?
Me: I explained everything. Some discussion on those topics went on.
Interviewer: What have you done for the past 10 months?
Me: I was working for a publications company as a technical writer. Simultaneously, I prepared for Gate and so I could gain lot of technical
knowledge.
Interviewer: Are the results out?
Me: Not yet. The results will be announced tomorrow.
Interviewer: How did you write the exam? Are you expecting a good rank?
Me: I prepared very hard for it and I am sure I will get a good rank.
Interviewer: What will you do if you get selected here and also you get a
very good rank in GATE? Will you reject the offer?
Me: No. I would be very glad if I get selected here because I want to
support my family financially. I want to do my higher studies but not now.
Interviewer: Ok. How good are you at programming?
Me: I am very good at programming.
Interviewer: Can you write the program to generate Fibonacci series?
Me: Sure. I wrote it and he has checked.
Interviewer: Your academics seem to be very good. Didn't you get selected in any company through college?
Me: I got selected for Satyam in my third year of B.tech. But as you know,
it got collapsed. Later due to recession, there was no recruitment.
Interviewer: Ok you can leave now. We will intimate you through email.
Me: Thanks, bye.


When I came out, the person standing there asked me to wait in a room. Then I confirmed that I cleared the technical round. Then I was called for HR interview. HR interview was very cool. He asked me my educational details, what I know about the company, why I wanted to work there and all. I gave him all the answers. Finally he stressed on 2 things.
1. Will you be able to relocate to any place if you get selected?
2. Will you be able to work if you are directly placed into project?

I said YES for both. Finally, he asked what salary I was expecting? I said, "As per company norms". He said that I would get to know the results through email. I thanked him and came out. Two days later I got a mail that I got selected. I was very happy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

facebook follow

Recent Posts

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.

    >> <<